Search This Blog

Friday 2 May 2014

New Toy! Trainer review part 2

The evening run has just been completed.
Happy face :-)

It was not my best run by a long way, but hey I was feeling a bit wiped out before I began so I won't blame that on anything but me.

Back to the trainers - the brand spanking new Asics Fortes, the choice of big runners.
Yes, we do exist! Not all runners are skinny and you don't have to be thin to run. Where do you think earthquakes come from? That's when we fall over.
Ahem, rant over, back to the shoes.
(as modelled by the resident agent of Chaos who managed to put them on before I was able to get near them)


They are now officially christened with a 2 miler to the village and back.
Purists would say they are heavy, but then you can be a minimalist or have support and cushioning, I prefer the later so a few extra ounces aren't a minus as far as I'm concerned.
They certainly have more bounce than my old trainers (although that's probably just age related - erm, the trainers not me, I think) and I felt cofortable in them. They were a little snug but I'll be very surprised if they don't loosen up after a few more miles.
I really hope they have the longevity of the old trainers.

Thumbs up to the Fortes.


Thanks to some surprisingly clear logic from the other half (thank you darling) I will refrain from the ceremonial binning of the old trainers and instead keep them for use at least in the Pretty Muddy Race for Life so as not to destroy my trainers so soon after getting. And closer to the time I will choose which to wear in the other events I enter this year.

There be Kobolds in the countryside, beware.
They are not just in the house causing mess, they are also in the fields.
Ewes and lambs one side of the road, fattening calves on the other, that's the rule on my run. So why today had two ewes taken their offspring on a trip across the road into the calves field? I can only assume the Kobolds chased them there while trying to catch their dinner.
We will have to get the exterminators in to clear the infestation before it gets out of control.


FraidyKat runs - with Chaos in her wake

No comments:

Post a Comment