Search This Blog

Friday 9 May 2014

50 Shades of Gray is a Dulux Colour Chart

If you want to inject some spice into your life forget the dubious paints and join a martial arts group as a couple.
There's nothing quite like the little smile on his face as the punch comes your way - or the satisfaction of knowing it's your turn next so you can give back exactly what you just got with interest.
Of course any particularly enthusiastic connections may leave you wondering if you over spiced the chicken or whether you remembered to buy that favourite lunch box treat. Then again, you might find yourself remembering a few barriers to domestic bliss and perhaps let him know that the pixies are in need of a pay rise.

Those terrible sexist pixies get lax when they feel under paid, they forget to put underwear in laundry baskets and rubbish in the bins.
I only say the pixies are sexist because they only seem to work for men and children. They don't work for any of the women in my family, we have to do housework for ourselves.
Although, I have heard a malicious rumour that when it comes to relationship break ups pixies can be fickle and have a tendency to abandon their male Bosses to redress the balance. - Not that I am jealous enough of my partner's helpers to leave him just for them!

But anyway, early night tonight, I must attempt to explore the interior of the mysterious Land of Sleep. Ever since the youngest agent of Chaos came to live among us (Offspring mk2) I have been exiled to the shore with only occasional forays into the marginal marshland.
Tonight, however, I must make an extra special effort because tomorrow I will be doing my first Defence Lab grading (I'll report back tomorrow and let you know how is goes).


Ode to Pixies

Pixie, pixie as I sleep, 
I pray for you my house to keep,
My floors to scrub,
My windows shine,
But if you can't then that's just fine,
I only ask that while I clean,
You put my partner's smelly socks in the laundry bin!


FraidyKat Runs - from housework

No comments:

Post a Comment