Search This Blog

Monday 5 May 2014

Death by sodium deficiency

As I sit here I am dripping with sweat (sorry if that's a bit too much information but in the spirit of truth I write it so) I cannot help but reflect on my lack of consistency in my return to running.
Not just my inability to following my training schedule, that's par for course with my life, but my average run speed.
When I last ran (about 1 1/2 years ago) I did not have a smart phone and could not track my runs the way I can now so I don't know how consistent I really was.
.
.
.
Sorry about that. I just managed to escape to sanitise and rehydrate. Now perhaps I won't need to attack the salt shaker in the kitchen thanks to the Zero (High5) tablets in my water. Mild but tasty and I find them much easier to drink on the go than sugary concoctions like lucozade.

Memo: Hydration bladders work really well in the shower. Hang it on a hook and slurp your favourite tipple. - Inspiration came from watching Hawkeye Pierce in M*A*S*H using an IV line to drink moonshine gin in the shower.

Consistency,
Yes, that.
My last run was a very sedate 5mph average. I wasn't much in the zone and I was listening to The Goon Show, funny but not speed making.
This run I was peaking at 7mph and averaging closer to 6mph. I was listening to My Chemical Romance, a much more aggressive noise to run too, but it did really wear me out.
Needless to say, I need to get an even stride figured out to make sure I find a speed I can run steadily too. I'm looking for increasing my distance at the minute, not my speed.
Maybe I just need a more consistent beat to run to, or maybe I should stop blaming the music and start listening to my body.

Starting to run is not easy. We may have evolved to do it but we still have to train for - and if it's easy you're trying hard enough!

It's amazing how many burger vans can be present at a market. Today I was out and about and I think every other stall was either a burger van ora cake stall. Surely they can't all make money, there aren't enough people eating enough calories to get the profits in. So what's promoting them to all turn up? 
Maybe they are under the employ of the diet industry. All that fat being pushed on you, all that processed meat and white flour carbs, it's a recipe for weight gain and we know who profits from that... The Diet Industry.
It's a conspiracy!
The diet fairies who look all pretty and nice while they dispense their pills and plans in exchange for your pennies are giving backhanders to the daemons in fast food industry. They are both fleecing us for our hard earned money, every pound we put on and then every pound we take off is pounds in their bank accounts.
Break the fairies, shun the daemons!

FraidyKat Runs - Away from Fairies

No comments:

Post a Comment