Search This Blog

Saturday 1 March 2014

Whirlwinds & the futility of Planning

Relatives gather for the funeral to come.
I made a trip to the airport to play taxi to pick up some of the said relatives back early from their winter sun - with the endless chatting but sadly without the usual extortionate fee.
And the whirlwind descends.
Rarely seen family + small children = whirlwind of chaos + noise + the realisation that no house is big enough to contain a hyperactive toddler
I had been planning to be extra good this week. Plenty of wholesome exercise and sticking to the fasting days. Not a chance.
Only one fast completed - although it was the easiest fast day by far. It's amazing how quickly your body adjusts to the idea of extra lean days.
I don't dare weigh myself this week, I hate the sound of scales sniggering.
Assuming the next major catastrophy decides to give me a clear week before it arrives I will be really really good and maybe get my own back on the nasty judgemental scales.
Aches and pains abound in this damp weather, that alone should be enough motivation to lose this excess baggage. My old lighter self could move easier and did not creak with these tiny pixies attacking my joints with hammers whenever I had the gall to move swiftly or jump for something.
By the end of this year I will be slimmer and fitter than ever before. I will do this.

Bathing dinosaurs are so messy. They litter the place with their empty bottles of bubble bath, leave dirty footprints all over place and then make the place all wet when they get out. Now they have apparently switched the heating off too. Going out and locking up shop while we are still home. How inconsiderate.

FraidyKat Runs - for peace and quiet

No comments:

Post a Comment