Search This Blog

Tuesday 25 February 2014

Unexpected Calls

In an age where junk calls are so common, it has become routine to screen that unknown number before answering it. And who would call back that persistent missed number and risk the pain of the premium rate?
When I received a missed call from an unknown mobile number on Sunday I thought at first it was simply a wrong number. Then they tried again.
Ready to put the phone down on a foreign cold caller wanting all my personal details (honesty, how many people actually still fall for that?), I answered.
Any time a Policeman introduces themselves to you, you know it's not going to be good.
A much beloved elderly relative had died and as I recently wrote a letter that was found by the police I was who they called.
As upsetting as it was to get that news it has reaffirmed a little faith and reminded me that newspapers always tell you the bad stories not the better ones.
The Constable who spoke to me was very polite and sympathetic while at the same business like enough to get the information he needed.The reason the police got involved? The neighbours were concerned as they had not heard my relative moving around (old terraces carry noise so easily).
It is comforting to know that as a whole people do still care and I am grateful of that fact.

Life is now a little up in the air - everything is on hold until we have firm information, dates and locations for everything we have to do next.
While this goes on I must remind myself that life for the rest of us goes on and that means day to day practicalities still abound .



Continuing as normal means following my exercise commitments and to that end last night I topped on my Nano-Gremlin dose. I am definitely feeling it today, my muscles are thankfully more tired than sore but still I know about it.
That was my weekly session at Defence Lab, tiring, de-stressing and educational (everyone should learn self-defence even if they hope to never need it). It's good to feel the sweat again.
I am the slowest runner and I need to take more rest breaks than everyone else but everyone has to start somewhere.
Never be afraid to go for it - you will never get fit if you worry about what other people think. One day you will be fit and fab and others will be intimidated by your success.


Terrorising communities is dirty work, today is bath day for those pre-historic ASBO carrying yobs the Dinosaurs. The lakes and reservoirs are choke full of them with their giant sponges and building sized bottles of bubble bath. Where do you think the rain is coming from? Dinosaurs never remember their towels and an Sauropod shaking itself dry is enough drench towns (and never ever dare one to dive bomb, tsunamis are caused that way).


FraidyKat Runs - for Kindness
Fast Day

No comments:

Post a Comment