Search This Blog

Sunday 9 March 2014

Cartwheeling on the Catastrophy curve

That's what it feels like right now. You keep on going because you don't dare stop in case you fall off.
I managed a week, just, without anything catastrophic happening and I was even daring to imagine a lazy weekend in unexpected but most welcome sunshine. Perhaps even the opportunity to revel in getting sunburn and overdosing on vitamin D. As if life would grant such a boon to this simple traveller.
Instead of the lovely rural setting I would gaze upon from home my views this weekend have been rather different.
Roadworks.
Why  would I forsake natural beauty for for man-made chaos?
The other unfortunate view I have partaken of - a hospital cardiology ward.
My Father, may he have a very speedy recovery, was rushed in by ambulance with suspected heart attack. Such is the nature of our wandering family that the journey to visit him was 150miles each way, including the so noted roadworks chaos.
It was of course a journey well worth making and another cartwheel along that curve of life.
What next?
For a little light relief can it be an alien invasion? At least that would be something we could all share.
Back to the shallower world of health and beauty, thanks to that miraculous disaster free week I am astoundingly 2kg lighter. The fasting routine works. I am still not brave enough to run again. I shall restart in another 4kg when perhaps my joints will be less prone to aches and pains from my excess baggage.


When did the nano gremlins get given pokers? And when did they migrate from muscles to joints? Perhaps they are a new subspecies. I wonder if they are as effective as zombie repellents as the common nano gremlin? I shall have to research this.


FraidyKat runs - on chaos
94.2

No comments:

Post a Comment