Search This Blog

Wednesday 5 February 2014

New Beginnings

As with so many things this all started with a promise.
I promised myself I would start running again this year and I would start a blog to keep track of my attempts to regain my old self and just maybe even improve myself.

A rather vindictive attack of sciatica has delayed my plans but I will not be thwarted. A small fortune has been spent on a Chiropractor (worth every penny) while two months of waiting for my NHS physio referral have proved in vain.
I can now stand up straight again so for my next trick I will do some back strengthening exercises and begin by walking around my soggy garden.

Meanwhile, in the imaginary cellar under my house the scratching and scraping noises get louder. The goblins are tunneling towards us. I can only hope they miscalculate and dig into the canal instead - although that might be difficult to explain to the canal and river trust.
I must train for battle.

No comments:

Post a Comment