Search This Blog

Sunday 16 February 2014

Where am I?

"Press any key."
"Okay which one is Any?"

Now a question. It's hot, noisy, crowded, there are squeals, yells and occasional distressing smells. Where am I?
Hell? A foreign airport departure lounge? Saturday shopping during sales?
No, in fact the correct answer is I am at a Christening.
Any one who says no one goes to church any more has not been to this one. Apart from a few of us risking the wrath of God,  virtually everyone there packing the pews was a regular and the reverend  was someone you wouldn't hide behind a sofa to avoid.
Never the less, popularity can be its own sin when church hall becomes a toddlers paradise of adult leg slalom, the gold medal going to the child who can scream the loudest when accidently knocked over by a gossiping adult.
During this junior olympic event parents must attempt to catch their offspring for long enough to attempt the discrete nappy check in order to locate the above mentioned distressing smell (bonus points for appropriate "it's not my child" smugness post check).

Back on diet topic: Alternate day fasting has miraculously allowed me to both have my cake and eat it. In the last week I have lost 3lb, that's 1lb for each fast day. I am amazed.
I shall therefore be continuing with this approach to weight and supplementing it with a new martial arts class.
First class is on Monday - if I enjoy it and think it good then it shall become part of the routine and get entered into the training plan.
I am hopeful but not convinced, having been disappointed on the last 2 attempts to find a good replacement to my old kickboxing group (if I had not moved I would never have left them).
So many people end up at expensive substandard martial arts clubs because they don't think to try more than one. Free trials are there to be taken advantage of - not all blackbelts are equal and not all blackbelts can teach. Don't the fooled by a glossy leaflet and a funky uniform - if they have to spend a lot on advertising they will be expensive and probably not be any good. (I shall now gracefully dismount the soapbox and carry on about my business)

Snowdrops blooming in grass verges, the first lambs chasing about in the field. There is an early surge in life force this year but there are creatures to whom this joyous energy is merely food. Hark, I hear their moans. The zombies begin their hunting shuffle.

Fraidykat runs - for cake
96.7

No comments:

Post a Comment