Search This Blog

Thursday 20 February 2014

Low expectations

It is a sad reflection on the state of the nation that after my 2 month wait for a physiotherapy appointment, when I complained at my lack of flexibility and strength, the basic test I completed led my physio to say she was impressed!
What I had managed was to reach down and touch the middle of my shins. Perhaps I aim my expectations unnaturally high, I like a farmer shooting a rising pheasant, but I personally believe a healthy youngish person should at least be able to touch their toes, if only just.
I was then shown some core strength exercises that I am already doing and told to come back in three weeks.
When considering the low expectations of the physiotherapist I found myself reflecting how remarkable it is that Great Britain did so well in the 2012 olympics and that we are now having our best ever Winter Olympic Games.
What variety of potato has been crossed with our rampantly out of control, weedlike,  Couch variety to create Olympic champions? Whatever it is we should be seriously encouraging its growth with a generous layering of childhood exposure fertiliser.
Back to the diet, Life has interfered, as she inevitably does with all good plans. The result is only 1 fast day completed so far this week. Although I will be fasting again tomorrow I hold out little hope for weight loss. Still, it is surprisingly easy to complete the fast days so I will carry on regardless and soon will be running again (I swear I will get there and be on the road again before Easter).

I have very few nano-gremlins left and the zombies can smell it. I hear their moans grow louder. Must exercise before they get to me. Zombies are evil ultra marathon runners, no good at speed but bottomless stamina.

FraidyKat runs - for potatoes

No comments:

Post a Comment