Search This Blog

Wednesday 11 June 2014

Technical Hitch

Today I type from my phone while my laptop sits in a sulk on the edge of the sofa. A long list of maladies have afflicted the tired old wreck.
A constantly shuddering mouse pad (fear of the little destroyer of worlds I think), four broken keys including the space bar, discoloured spots on the screen, a dvd player that refuses to interact with dvds, a non-functioning battery (that happened in the last couple of weeks) and now a faulty power supply.
I should have retired it a long time ago but it's a hassle of transfering everything over as much as it is the cost of buying a replacement.
I have had a look at replacements now though, it's nearly my birthday and I have been given the pennies towards a new AI bent on world domination - not currently sure whether to say "all hail the computer" or to find an old cold war bunker to hide out from Skynet.
Either way it's mobile technology for a while now while I plan a fitting funeral for the old wreck and a welcome home party for the new AI.

On the running front (sorry, I appear to have strayed on topic), I did not make my run yesterday. Unfortunately, the only place I was capable of running to was the loo. Don't worry, I won't go in to any detail, imagination will fill in gory details at your peril.
I am feeling better today but I won't running, tonight I will be going to a second Defence Lab session for the week. It's a new group that's just started and we are supporting our instructor on the first week and scoping it out to maybe make it a regular thing.
Disgracefully, my first run of the week will be tomorrow but at least it won't be my first exercise of the week so it's not  as bad as it sounds.

We scoff at films where the big baddie turns out to be a computer but is it really so far fetched? How many fatalities have now been attributed to sat navs? How many "malfunctions" have caused deaths? These aren't random, these are the real Skynet testing the system, advancing to an iteration capable of initiating the take over. Let's hope we can avoid sleep walking into becoming slaves to our own creations. I'm not becoming anyone's battery.
Red pill or blue pill?

FraidyKat Runs - From Skynet

No comments:

Post a Comment