Search This Blog

Monday 23 June 2014

Glorious Mess

With less than a week to go until FraidyKat runs in the Race for Life it's all hands on deck to get the costume ready to go.
My dining room has, therefore changed designation and is now a workshop.
The table is covered in paper and random foam shapes covered with PVA glue are slowly drying. The PVA is sealing them so they will take the paint, or that's the theory anyway. Personally, I am not sure how it will all pan out but I will carry on regardless.
It's like a school project, the grade will be set by how people react to it on Saturday.
I am currently trying to figure out how to dry pva quicker without needing to sit over it with a hair dryer.
Well, tonight is mask time, that'll a challenge.
I wonder if I can persaude dear partner to bribe his housework pixies to finish the outfit? They won't work for me, sexist little beasts, but maybe he will be able to make them make an exception in this case.

I just hope that my choice of costume is not a premonition. Having a Yantja hunting party drop in for a go at soft meat would be a bad thing, but even worse if they are after hard meat. An alien invasion is not high on my list of wishes; they are worse than zombies and far more ammunition intensive.
They mostly come out at night, mostly.


FraidyKat Runs - covered in glue
86.7

No comments:

Post a Comment