Search This Blog

Wednesday 25 June 2014

Hooray, hooray, new technology!

In the midst of all the chaos of the costume build, I have received a new computer. Yippee!
After going through my many options for a new home to google umbilical cord,I decided that the best way to go was Dell.
I've only ever used Dell computers for work before, I think most of their business is B2B (business to business), but they have always been good solid computers - they have survived years of abuse in construction site offices so they have to be pretty robust - and they also happen to be good value.
On the downside, it does mean I have swapped dear Tux the penguin (Linux), for the corporate evil that is Microsoft and now I must adjust to Windows 8. Eek, it's like swapping a Honda Fireblade for a McClaren F1, they're both fast enough to turn your underwear brown but after that there's not much you can compare.
Although, I have to say I am amazed at the sheer volume of pre-installed cr*p there is on this computer. I am getting trigger happy with the delete button. I may now have 1TB of storage space but I don't believe in filling it up with junk I don't use.

While I'm in review mode how about a little update?
Mountain Warehouse Hydration Bladder - The bag seals well, but the bite valve now has a slight leak. Only a tiny drip but if it's left open when I run it spurts like a cut artery with every footfall. Annoying but not ruinous. I may stump up for a genuine CamelBak next time and see if it fairs better.
Asics Forte trainers - Still very comfy and shock absorbing, now return of shinsplints despite returning to running at a much heavier state than I was before. Very happy with this purchase, worth every penny.
AfterShoks Headphones - Now I have learned to turn the volume up a bit more and ignore the Elf & Safety warning on my phone, they are great. No more ear pain from buds that never fit properly and despite never remembering to charge them (I'm awful for forgetting to charge pretty much everything that needs it) they have served me well rain and shine.

The pixies have been busy, well I am sure they have been working for someone but not for me. Only the mess fairies are visiting, or the chaos agents have been super busy. What do I jave to do to placate them? Is there some special offering or incantation I need? How do the men do it? It's the ultimate gender conspiracy and a mystery to be solved.

FraidyKat Runs - with a new processor

No comments:

Post a Comment