Search This Blog

Saturday 5 April 2014

Eek and oops

Well that didn't take long. I have already done an oops and missed a days training.
Flimsy excuse follows:  On Friday I had to go to the Doctor for a blood test and then I had to pack for a trip to see the family. Not much chance to get the exercise in.
Saturday, no run (the plan is to do it tomorrow instead) but I have spent the day at a Dinosaur park and according to the S Health app I have walked 2.6 miles.
I have realised that a plan is simply an ideal situation to aspire to, not a set of commandments that must be followed or suffer the wrath of God.
If I don't manage it perfectly there is no point beating yourself up or, worse, giving up.
The plan is a living document - subject to change and never ever set in stone for anything but the end goal, race day.
As for the diet, fasting days have been a little chaotic  although I have been doing them but disappointingly I have not actually lost any weight. On the plus side I have lost inches round my waist so I can only guess the exercise is giving me muscle - yippee!
I shall therefore continue with the fasting because the weight has to start dropping again at some point soon.
I shall be seeing dinosaurs everywhere for the next few days. But of course they hide among us, they have hung on for millions of years, they are not stupid they know how not to be caught.
Who wants fossils when you can hunt a fresh T-rex? Bring on the big guns
FraidyKat Runs - from Velocaraptors

No comments:

Post a Comment