Search This Blog

Tuesday 29 April 2014

Dirty Masochist Vampire Hunter

Yep, FraidyKat is a dirty masochist.

I come to this conclusion having seen these events:
And gone "Yes, that's for me!"
But I am sure there is more than a touch of sadism there too because the very next thought was "who can I con into doing these with me?"
Dearest partner must have a bullseye painted on him, he was the first victim. There will be more. Mauwhahahaha...

So, mud, obstacles, running, pain, blood, sweat and tears.
No, not chasing a toddler round the garden (although the description fits), running in one of the above events and the of course in the Tough Mudder in October.
Does anyone else think they sound fun or is it just me? I hope it's not just me.


Beyond the thoughts of future pain, there is much less present pain than I expected. I must be acclimatising to the DefenceLab workout; it's still kicking me but it's producing less gremlin food - must try harder.

I will be heading out for another run this evening. Is it weird that my aim for today is to get passed the Cemetery?!

My next aim will then be to choose my next pair of trainers. My poor old Asics have finally given up, I have now worn through the heels.
Not looking forward to getting a new pair, they're so expensive, but it needs doing.
To get my last pair I went to Coventry runner, a little shop on an uninspiring parade but the man there who served me got it exactly right. He got me on the treadmill for a gait analysis, measured my feet and then climbed up a ladder to find the trainers among a box of hundreds that I have spent the last two years wearing.
It turns out I'm an overpronator and my feet are so wide it's a waste of time even looking at ladies shoes (girls aren't allowed big feet apparently).
On the very first run in my £100 (eek!) shoes I was converted. I haven't had shin splints since then and it's bliss.


We have established beyond doubt (?!) that nano-gremlins love the taste of lactic acid and zombies hate it, but does this work with vampires?
Just wondering...
It's nothing to do with those strange noises in the night or the fact we are now sleeping with the window open (our little saviour moggy likes hunting mutant killer mice at night and keeping the world safe from their designs on world domination), or on how tired I feel in the mornings even after a full night's sleep.
But if they didn't like the taste why would they enjoy the hunt so much? The tormenting of innocents (and not so innocents) with blind panic and much running.
Hmm, perhaps they actually love the taste of adrenalin and endorphins.
Maybe we should all be running with neck protectors and collections of stakes.
Think about it, every runner is a brave vampire hunter using him or her self as bait to lure out the beast and keep everyone else safe.
All hail the runner.


FraidyKat Runs - with Van Helsing

No comments:

Post a Comment