Search This Blog

Saturday 26 April 2014

Brawling with drunks

Yesterday FraidyKat had a fight on a train, brawled in a pub and punched her darling partner on camera (didn't enjoy that bit - too much).
Yes, she was at Defence Lab again *big big grin*. We had a special extra fun class learning how to apply our self defence in real situations. Then we had some silly class photos just to round it off.

Not as Nano-gremlin infested as I expected to be and currently feeling surprisingly good.
Owing to beer' I don't intend to run today but will definitely give it a go tomorrow and I will be getting used to running with a backpack.
I now have a hydration pack (not a Camelbak - they are good but just too expensive for my taste) with a 2ltr bladder so now I don't have to choose between carrying a bottle or going thirsty.
I chose the backpack because honesty my hands get sweaty enough as it is and the thought of having to carrying a bottle is just off putting. I suppose the belt packs would be possible but surely that just invites chaffed hips.
The other advantage of a backpack is space for extras - energy gels, shewee etc. Just have to resist the temptation to treat it like a handbag at fill it with stuff I don't need.
So far I'm not really running far enough to need much but I figure it's easier to get used to carrying the backpack early.
As to stuff I need with me, at the moment I'm guessing it's:
  • Drink (flavour to personal taste, just squash for me right now)
  • Energy gel/banana (for staving off those shaky emergencys)
  • Shewee (great for rural moments when caught short miles from home)
  • Emergency money (for a taxi if you really can't make it home due to turned ankle or exhaustion)
  • Phone, doubling as MP3 player and gps run tracker.
I shall try the backpack (bright yellow to scream to traffic - I am here!) on my run tomorrow and see how I get on.

Bored of the zombie apocalypse?
The wanton destruction of former friends and colleagues paling?
Try random genetic mutations for eons of fun and frolics.
How can you ever get bored with bat-winged Chihuahuas going for your jugular?
All you need is a genetics lab and a mad genius for all the fun and mayhem to cure post-apocalypse melancholy.

FraidyKat Runs - from mutant Chihuahuas

No comments:

Post a Comment