Search This Blog

Saturday 26 July 2014

Sally is evil

Oh yes, behind that pretty girl's name hides a monster.
Go on to youtube and look up Moby's Green Sally Up. You might recognise it from Gone in Sixty Seconds. I used to like the song, it has a good beat and yet something laid back about it.
Well, that was before Sally was perverted onto a workout torture by the intstructors at Defence Lab.
Here's the evil group version - everyone get into a circle facing in (so you can see the pain to come) and get into press up position. Every time you hear Green Sally Up you push up, every time you hear Green Sally Down you lower yourself down (but not all the way, only to the normal bottom of a press up). The person who lasts the longest is the most likely to need surgery for torn arm muscles. The person who gives up first is probably the sanest in the room. Our senior instructor, Mikey, was the only one to manage the whole song.

But that was last night. This morning, still aching from Sally, FraidyKat lined up to get her second grade, a simple yellow band with the Defence Lab logo emblazoned on it. It is something so small that means so much and oh boy were we worked hard to get it. Officially we won't know until Monday if we have made the grade but they don't let you attempt it if they don't believe you are good enough to get it.

This makes FraidyKat feel a little better. I still have a lot of work to do but the diet is planned - I will publish it later - and so is the new workout schedule. This weekend I shop for the food, Monday I start following or plan. I suppose I should say we, dear partner is going to be joining me on a slightly modified diet of his own.
I will let you know it goes.

Today the air is suspiciously sweet, there is no odour of rotting flesh. Where have all the zombies gone? Have they found a nice cold, dark, crypt to share with the vampires? Hmm, I must check the cellar to make sure they are lurking under my feet.


FraidyKat Runs - Away from Sally

No comments:

Post a Comment