Search This Blog

Wednesday 2 July 2014

Run like your life depends on it

Because it probably does...
(especially if the scary BMI information is to be believed, the list of ailments for the obese and overweight is scarier than the thought of sore muscles and nano-gremlins feeding on lactic acid)

The best quote I've heard recently is this: It doesn't matter how slow you run because you'll still be lapping the people on the sofa.

If you have time to read this blog, play Clash of Clans or Candy Crush Saga, you have time to exercise. It doesn't have to be two hours in the gym, two minutes of press ups will do. Keep Calm and get moving.

Sometimes I hate motivational quotes, but sometimes I find them helpful. They can put things in perspective and remind you how ridiculous you sound with all of your excuses of just why you can't do it.

Time for something that made FraidyKat smile:

So tonight when FraidyKat runs, I'll be looking over my shoulder to see if the T-rex is gaining ground!
Speaking of which, someone had fun with this photo:


Okay, so I have been out for my run and I was far too busy running away from zombies to worry about the T-rex.
Earlier today I downloaded the "Zombies, Run" app. It was £2.99 and being a miser I normally wouldn't spend that much on an app but the reviews were good and it sounded fun.
It was fun.
Admittedly, I am a bit of a geek and zombies are in the collection in many forms: Resident Evil (films and wii games, various), 28 days (&weeks) laters, zombieland, shaun of the dead, married with zombies (funny book about a couple who turn up for marriage counselling and discover their therapist has turned into a zombie - saving their marriage becomes the least of their problems), ad nauseum.
See, I'm into zombie stuff, so my over furtile imagination liked the concept of running away from the things. I also love the idea that you're collecting supplies as you run the missions and you earn things to upgrade your base with every run you do.
You have the option of running with or without music, the story fades in and out every few minutes, and you can choose to up the jeopardy by turning your runs into interval training (I didn't today, too chicken) where you have to up your speed occasionally to escape the zombies and you can choose each mission whether it lasts 30mins or an hour.
I will DEFINITELY, be using it for my next run.


If our world is inhabited by both dinosaurs and zombies, is it possible to get zombie dinosaurs?
And why am I now seeing a T-rex dancing to Thriller?
I must track them down and get that on video. Oh, the image of a pterodactyl dancing, that's going to keep me smiling for hours.


FraidyKat Runs - away from dancing zombies

No comments:

Post a Comment