Search This Blog

Monday 28 July 2014

Following the plan & having incentive

As promised, here is my diet plan:
My supplements column is a bit lacklustre but I can't have anything more exotic yet thanks to my darling littlest.
I don't really like combining low fat and low carb, it doesn't seem particularly sustainable, but again the low fat is non-negotiable and I onlywant to give my body a little kick. I haven't done much weight loss in the last few weeks so a little shake up is called for.

Darling partner has it better, I'd like to be following his plan. He's having Reflex One Stop twice a day - after a lot of searching this turned out to be the only supplement that combined everything he needs without taking loads of pills every day. It's perfect for helping him get lean and gain muscle at the same time. It's higher in carbs than is ideal but then again he's working out most days and carbs are hardly the enemy when they're being utilised (only unused carbs become fat, if you can burn off that large portion of chips then there's no guilt attached the eating them).
He also gets Cauliflower cheese (yummy) when I have to make do with a vegetable stirfry and he gets cream with his sugar free jelly when I have fat free yoghurt. Oh how I miss fat...


Hopefully, in a week's time I will have lost some weight and then I will be able to assess just how doable this fusion diet is when I am exercising six days a week as well - we'll see if I can exist on so little carbs or whether I have to add some more in to keep me going.


In other news, FraidyKat has gained extra incentive to lose fat in the form of the BODPOD. I discovered it recently, it's a small pod you sit in and it uses air displacement to measure your body composition. Supposedly, the only more accurate way to measure body composition (other than a detailed MRI) is water displacement, but unless you're a professional athlete or a researcher's guinea pig you're not likely to get that done.
In fact, you're not likely to get to use the BODPOD unless you happen to live near one of the few in the UK or US (they're the only ones I've found anywaybut perhaps someone elese where can correct me)
As someone who's never been anywhere near skinny, the idea of an accurate and unbiased report on my body composition is a scary one - I can't exactly leave one leg out of the pod! - but it's one of those ways to be honest with myself and not hide behind excuses.
Lucky me, I live near enough to the University Hospital in Coventry to get one of their rarely available appointments for the public (only the first Friday of every month is kept free for mere normal people), but I won't be going until September. That's one month of fear, panic and serious paranoia lending a huge incentive boost to weight loss.
Argh, no more excuses to delay stripping the fat.


Pain pixies and nano-gremlins unite! FraidyKat's thighs are a perfect party venue and now is the time to have a summer chill out, so crack open a bottle and join "The mosh pit on the Quads". Join in the fun and give FraidyKat a dose of agony!
Hard training followed by a full on Grading in the summer heat are a perfect recipe for a bodily pain crafted by artistes. You will not experience another gathering like it for a long time (hopefully), so get your torture impliments together and head over to the party!


FraidyKat Runs - For a New Plan

No comments:

Post a Comment