Search This Blog

Thursday 3 July 2014

Give up the sofa

Well, not literally. I'm not selling my sofa or anything that drastic (although if you think about there are other ways of being comfortable. Hmmm, alternative living... Nope, that's a subject for another day), I'm just trying to give up sitting on the sofa all the time when I could be exercising.

Dear partner pointed out to me recently that with all the weight I'm losing I soon won't have any clothes that fit but we can't afflord to spend a lot on a new wardrobe. That got me thinking, aside from buying everything when it's on sale (naturally, I love bargain shopping), how do I pay for my new skinny clothes? There's no miracle - unless of course we win the lottery but I don't think there's much chance of that - but maybe I can save up.
Here it is, my simple motivation and savings tool. The Fitness Jar. Its home is on the fireplace, where I can always see it.
It's a cleaned out jam jar that will now do moneybox duty. It's a couch potato's swear box, you put £1 in every time you do a workout.
I suppose a similar one for weight loss could a £ for a lb. I wouldn't mind getting paid to lose weight, I have heard of people who have done it by making bets on their weight loss and making deals with their partners - because who doesn't want their partner to look good for them?


It's oh so quiet, it's oh so still...
It's so hot and muggy that even the kobolds and goblins and lying low. I expact they'll be out again tonight but for now they're hiding in the shade. It's giving me time to set up appropriate traps around the edges of the garden. I bait them with socks, odd socks of course and dirty for preference but clean will do at a pinch. I don't know what they do with them but they do like their odd socks, they put a considerable amount of effort into sneaking into the house so they can steal them out of the washing basket.


FraidyKat Runs - for new clothes

No comments:

Post a Comment