Search This Blog

Saturday 15 November 2014

Running Super food

I am sure FraidyKat has posted this before but seriously, a pre-run banana is a wonderful thing.

I just had an awesome 5 miler!
I must try the same formula because it really worked - first start with a light meal 1 to 1 1/2 hours before the run (about 300 calories light), then eat one banana with 4 capsules of reflex thermofusion about 1/2 hour before the run.
Finally, find a banging running sound track and a beautiful setting to run in...
Result: Awesome run

When road running the best you can look forward to for interest is the odd roadkill pheasant and perhaps a toot from a passing van, but if you get off the road you can find some fantastic scenery.
Today I ran along the Grand Union Canal, saying hello to passing narrowboaters and watching a Heron fly from the path and skim across the water. Much better than road running.

Of course there is the question of what lurks beneath the surface of the water. Today it was calm, too calm, and the fog had not lifted all day. At first I thought perhaps Nessie was coming south for winter but now I wonder if we have not become part of the territory of a water dragon. If we have there is nothing to fear, they feast on fish. Perhaps if I'm lucky I'll see it, but they hide in the mist and the fog, and you have to be really quiet...

FraidyKat Runs - on bananas

No comments:

Post a Comment