Search This Blog

Monday 10 November 2014

Noticing Weight Loss

It's been a long time since my last post, sorry, life has been a bit crazier than usual.
Anyway, weight loss...

It's a weird thing to be ticking down the numbers on the scale and not really appreciating the change.
I've had friends and family telling me how slim I look but that's just their opinion.
There is a massive bin bag full of clothes to get rid of because they are too big but that's just stuff.
My runs have got quicker by a full minute a mile but that could be purely down to training.

Then FraidyKat and dear partner got an amazing opportunity to go to the first DefenceLab World Conference - thanks to her amazing instructor.
That was just awesome, the chance to train with some incredible martial artists.
But here's where it hit home: The conference had a formal dinner and award ceremony in the evening and due to the weight loss I HAD NOTHING TO WEAR!!! Disaster! I dug into the dark and dangerous recesses of the wardrobe, fighting witches and befriending lions on the way, and in desperation tried on a dress that hadn't fitted in 15years. IT FITS! Miracle of miracles, it was like finding a Wish Spell in a charity shop bargain box.
All good. After a day training we glammed up and headed to the bar. On the way there I popped in to the Ladies room and spotted a lady with fab green dreads and an hourglass figure in a hugging black dress. I was instantly jealous,  then I was confused, I was looking in the mirror!
How had I not noticed it before? Okay, the dreads are only a few days old (they match the club colours if you're wondering why green) but how did I not notice the body swap? All this time my brain has been doing some stealth photoshop to my detriment.
11months ago I was 106kg, today I tip the scales at 79kg - in old money that's nearly 4 1/2 stone gone. That's a massive shock. FraidyKat has produced 27 Adipose babies and not noticed any of them escaping out of the window.

Now dear partner is laughing (and FraidyKat will soon be guilty of hubby bashing) at my total ignorance of the gradual change of my body. The words "I told you so" are on his lips.
It turns out that losing the weight is only half of the battle, stopping your brain from sabotaging your achievements with nonrecogition is the war winner.

The Adiposian First Family are back harvesting Earth for children. They are major shareholders in virtually every big selling diet brand and fast food company, using their influence to prevent us from ever rendering them infertile.
The conspiracy is so plain to see and we are seemingly helpless against them.

FraidyKat Runs - for the hourglass

No comments:

Post a Comment