Search This Blog

Wednesday 12 November 2014

Groin Strain and the Curse of Success

These are the two things on my mind right now. Unconnected, I think, but equally present.

The groin strain in the unpleasant presence in my life, striking after what should have been an easy 2.5miler but reduced me to a pained grimace for the rest of the day.
Today it seems to have eased to a low grade ache but I suspect it will return with vengence if I try anything so stupid as moving today.
Yesterday it was a sharp and persistant pain right at the top of the thigh moving from ouch to #$/#@! When I twisted the wrong way. It can be caused by many things but in my case I believe it to be a muscle weakness at the hip (old war wound) so now I must remember all those strengthening exercises, the ones on all fours that look like aerobics meets the kama sutra - donkey kicks, fire hydrants, adductor stretches.
New resolution, hip strengthening every day - or forget the running and say hello to everyday pain, not much choice really.

The curse of success?
Say hello to a Defence Lab student of the year! Woohoo! Awesome. I think my instructor took leave of his senses with that decision but I am serious chuffed, I've never got something like that before.
But, of course, there is a downside.
Everyone knows it's me, they might wonder why I got it and not them and I can't help but feel like it puts eyes on me. 'No pressure but you're now officially the teacher's pet' - FraidyKat makes a hopeless pet, too high maintenance and heavy on furnishings.
It's a point of pride that I always tried my hardest anyway but now I have to pull even more out of the bag just to keep up.

Back in my dubious reality, yesterday's run along the canal hinted at something sinister in the works, and unexplained ripple in the water. Unless Nessie has migrated from the Loch there may be something nasty lurking under the surface.

FraidyKat Runs - from recogition

No comments:

Post a Comment