Search This Blog

Friday 1 August 2014

Mmm gel pads

My knuckle salvation has this been gel wraps,  soft gloves with a wonderful gel layer over the knuckles. Mine are some old Everlast gloves that I used to use for kickboxing many years ago. They are frayed, the stitching is coming apart but they are such sweet relief for bruised knuckles that I  really don't want to replace them.
I should be training tonight, and I would  be if my instructors, along with a few other insane Defence Labbers, had not decided to do a run for charity. Other people run a marathon, these guys think that's too simple. They running the Grim Reaper. It's a variable length run of 40, 70, or 100 miles. Yes 100 MILES. Most of them are running 40 miles but FraidyKat's instructor is running the full 100 miles.
Go Stuart!!! And go crazy Defence Labers!

While I expect they will be far too exhausted to think of doing much on Sunday, FraidyKat and the Chaos club (aka The Family)  will be going to Snetterton to watch the British Touring Car Championship. Yippee! Loud cars go brrmm!
So a short blog today so I can go back to packing for the weekend - it's a bit of a military operation to get this household moving. Who knew daemons don't travel light?

Last night was a blissful quiet night. Perhaps it was the cooler weather, or perhaps one of the Gods of family finally took pity on me and cast a sleep spell on the little chaos agents.
I can only pray for further intervention tonight. If I have done something to please the Gods I will try to replicate it - are they anti carb?
Do deities venerate Atkins? Perhaps the Doctor has a special VIP room in Valhalla and helps major players like Thor and Freya keep their perfect physiques.
Or perhaps I am skirting vengeful lightning bolts.

FraidyKat Runs - from Lightning

No comments:

Post a Comment